Thursday, April 3, 2014

20 Pounds in 20 Weeks

True story y'all. I've gained 20+ pounds since the beginning of December. I don't mind the weight gain except when I can't fit into my jeans or my new girls don't fit into some of my favorite shirts.... other than that, I'm ok with it and HELLO it's not like I have a choice.


I feel good! I think this weight looks right on my body, if that makes sense. I just hope I don't pass 200 pounds by the time August rolls around. We shall see!!

Other than the scale, I'm feeling ok. It's hard for me to sleep and I'm constantly up using the restroom. I roll around a lot and my tailbone is in some serious pain. It's totally normal for your tailbone to hurt because your insides are constantly changing which causes some soreness in other areas.... dare I say it's almost as bad as morning sickness. 

Emily however is sleeping great.... 


She fell asleep with her ball in her mouth last night. It was the sweetest thing. I'm hoping our cuddles sessions continue once baby Maddie arrives.

We're getting the nursery ready slowly but surely!!


Crib is from Target, the bedding is from Restoration Hardware, and the bear is from Pottery Barn. I swore against the color pink when we found out we were having a girl. But when I stumbled upon this sheet set, I couldn't resist! I love the innocence of the light pink and the flowers are just adorable. I had to have it! That's all we have so far.... we have four months to figure out the rest of it.

FOUR MONTHS! Can you believe that? Where is time going? Am I ready for this? At our next appointment I have to do the glucose test, which for some reason I'm nervous about. I haven't heard many positive things about it so I wouldn't mind the next four weeks to slow down a little bit. Next month we have some baby classes to look forward to so Nate can learn how to hold a baby. Poor guy doesn't know much about babies (either do I, but I've at least changed a diaper here or there) we're also taking an infant CPR class, and I'll have a breastfeeding class. 

Those will be interesting, I'm sure. 

Anyhoodles, there's not much else going on in my world. I've been craving cheeseburgers on the grill and last week I was dying for a DQ dipped cone.




And in those two pictures alone, you can see where these 20 pounds came from! Ha!

now I want ice cream..... bye!!

11 comments:

  1. So sweet!! Love the bedding that you found! What an exciting time for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol. How long are you on leave?

    ReplyDelete
  3. THAT BEDDING!!!!!!! Max it is GORGEOUS! Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look so great! That bedding is super adorable too! Now I really want a DQ dipped cone, thanks ;D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Get a bump nest pillow! It will change your life! It’s so fun following along with you, since I am 22 weeks and we are going through the same things. Although, you made me nervous we have a crib up but no mattress!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that bed and the bedding! You look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a good reason to be gaining weight :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not pregnant and I crave those things. Yikes! That bedding has just the right amount of pink!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Omg, the Dairy Queen dipped cone looks SO GOOD!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the crib! The food + that cone look ah-mazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like it's going to be such a beautiful nursery! I think you look incredibly beautiful and pregnancy suits you. It must be very weird your body changing and having a little one grow inside of you. Enjoy your cravings lovely lady, you deserve it! XxxX http://thesecondhandrose.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete