Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Cheers to forgetting how to blog!

No one said having a blog was easy. I think I've quit writing at least 100 times this year, I just love it so much I can't delete it. I sometimes daydream about getting back into it again like the old days, but I just can't bring myself to do it. Something about a "link-up" just doesn't catch my fancy anymore. And let's be real, I'm really fancy. 

Instead, I want to use this space for something different this time around and I think that will help me 1) actually write something and 2) not get so wrapped into it. Not that I have much time to get serious about it anyway (countdown to baby: ONE MONTH) yikes! 

Here's what I'm going to do. Write about whatever I want whenever I want, take as many pictures as possible and shocker: share them without writing anything, share my favorites no matter what day it is, and talk about my weekend even if I'm posting on a Thursday. Sure my follower count may be low, but who is this blog for anyway? ME. It's so I can go back and read how my life was and reflect on how far I've come. Life around here is about to get really crazy and surprisingly, I want to remember it all. So here goes nothing! Cheers to a post that will bring more posts!! 


Ya know what else I miss? blog friends. Nothing compares to this little community and I'm excited to reconnect with all of you. Really. I am. 

In the meantime, I'm still going to end this post how I end all of them. Time to take the dog for a walk! 

-Max

8 comments:

  1. Love this! Especially posting pictures with no words. I think half the reason that my blog has be lacking lately is because I just haven't been getting my camera out enough and I hate posting without a picture! So you have inspired me to photograph more and talk less :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm battling this exact thing right now. The last time I blogged? MARCH. It's terrible! So much has happened since then (I'm pregnant, mostly!) and yet for some reason I still struggle with figuring out how to jump back in without having to feel like I need to explain myself and why I took such a long break. I've really been wanting to post, but I struggle with keeping up with my blogroll and feeling like a failure because I haven't posted anything in months!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen to ALL OF THIS. I find lately that I genuinely am most interested in the blogs that don't have "themes" or "creative" posts. And BLEH to link-ups. I love just reading about whatever someone did that day and relishing in the fact that there are normal people out there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been missing reading your blogs! I hope you are feeling well in these last weeks of pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Girl you do whatever you want! That's the whole point of blogging. Don't feel pressured by anyone to do anything that you aren't comfortable with or have fun with. Kudos to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm excited to continue following! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I couldn't agree more with blogging for yourself. That is one of the main reasons I started over, I just wasn't happy with where my blog was at and I wanted a fresh start. Now I am excited about blogging all over again!

    ReplyDelete